The SF State Scholars WGS program is a blended B.A./MA. program that enables qualifying and accepted students to complete both a B.A. and M.A. in WGS in five and a half years (normative, full-time). The program allows students to waive the application fee for the graduate program; to enroll in some graduation courses at the less expensive undergraduate course fee rate; and complete the M.A. degree in a slightly shorter time than the normative two-three years.
To qualify, students must be current SF State WGS B.A. students, with a minimum 3.0 GPA in their last 60 units, and minimum 3.3. GPA in their WGS courses.
Qualifying students may apply to the program at any time, with the materials listed below.
To apply to the SF State Scholars WGS program, please submit the following:
- Unofficial transcript
- One academic letter of recommendation
- An academic statement of purpose (no more than 750 words)
Optional application materials can also include:
- Personal statement (250 words or less)
Deadlines for applications are rolling:
- Submit no later than December 1 for consideration to begin the program the following spring semester.
- Submit no later than May 1 for consideration to begin the program the following fall semester.
Submit application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject “SF State Scholars WGS application”.
If you are interested, or have questions, please contact the WGS Graduate Coordinator, Professor Martha Kenney by email at email@example.com.