Your financial support makes a difference in the lives of current and future students in Women and Gender Studies.
WGS is a vibrant place because we fight hard to make sure our department survives through budgetcuts, pandemics and politics! Our students often come to us under-served and leave as leaders in their communities and professions including law, social work and higher education.
We need your help! The need to support the Women and Gender Studies Department is more urgent than ever. We need your help! To sustain our students we have developed two important resources:
The General Fund helps all students and faculty in Women and Gender Studies:
- $50 provides much-welcome food for a WGS alumni event
- $100 brings a trail-blazing speaker to campus
- $350 underwrites our annual Commencement celebration
- $1,000 sponsors a graduate student to present their research at a national conference
The Emergency Fund provides speedy help to WGS students in crisis:
- Students who receive a WGS Emergency Award have cited the Award as what has allowed them to graduate on time.
- WGS has paid small expenses which otherwise would have prevented students from continuing their education or graduating on time.
- Past awards have been for eyeglasses, emergency MRI’s, medications, emergency child care and shelter, laptop repairs.
Your donation to Women and Gender Studies is tax deductible! We welcome support in any amount — every dollar really does count. All donations receive an original WGS thank-you card.
Donating to the WGS General or Emergency Fund at SF State make fantastic feminist gifts. These gifts are also a great way to honor your loved ones!
Have you considered including the Department of Women and Gender Studies in your estate plans? Have you already done so? Please let us know and please be in touch with any questions you may have about making a legacy gift.
Senior Director of Development
College of Liberal & Creative Arts
Tel (415) 338-6363
If you are ready to make a donation now, please follow our giving link. Thank you for your support!