Your financial support makes a difference in the lives of current and future students in Women and Gender Studies.
WGS is a vibrant place because we fight hard to make sure our department survives through budget cuts, pandemics and politics. Our students often come to us under-served and leave as leaders in their communities and professions including law, social work and higher education.
We need your help! The need to support the Women and Gender Studies Department is more urgent than ever. To sustain our students we have developed two important resources:
The Women and Gender Studies Department Fund helps all students and faculty in Women and Gender Studies during the academic year:
- $50 provides much-welcome food for a WGS alumni event
- $100 brings a trail-blazing speaker to campus
- $350 underwrites our annual Commencement celebration
- $1,000 sponsors a graduate student to present their research at a national conference
The Women & Gender Studies Department Emergency Scholarship Fund provides economic relief to WGS students in crisis through the entire calendar year:
- Students who receive a WGS Emergency Stipend have cited the assistance as what has allowed them to graduate on time.
- WGS has paid small expenses which otherwise would have prevented students from continuing their education or graduating on time.
- Past stipends have been for eyeglasses, emergency medical care, medications, emergency child care and shelter, laptop repairs, and many other unexpected financial burdens.
Your donation to Women and Gender Studies is tax deductible! We welcome support in any amount — every dollar really does count. All donations receive an original WGS thank-you card.
Donating to the WGS Department or Emergency Fund at SF State make fantastic feminist gifts. These gifts are also a great way to honor your loved ones!
WGS Faculty & Staff
Have you considered including the Department of Women and Gender Studies in your estate plans? Have you already done so? Please let us know and please be in touch with any questions you may have about making a legacy gift.
Senior Director of Development
College of Liberal & Creative Arts
Tel (415) 338-6363
If you are ready to make a donation now, please follow our giving link. Thank you for your support!