Students wishing to declare Women and Gender Studies as their minor need to complete the paper declaration form found on the Registrar webpage here and make an appointment with the undergrad adviser. A minor in Women and Gender Studies can be useful in conjunction with many majors (e.g. Humanities, Human Sexuality, Counseling, Anthropology, Health Education, Social Sciences).
The minor offers students majoring in other areas a coherent supplementary program in Women and Gender Studies and requires a total of 18 units:
- WGS 200: Introduction to Women and Gender Studies
- WGS 300GW: Politics of Gender, Race, and Nation
- Three (3) units may be lower-division
- Six (6) elective units must be taken within the department.
- Remaining three (3) units may be taken outside the department