Women and Gender Studies Department
Tenure Track Position Opening
The NEW tenure track position for Crip Theory is NOW OPEN!
San Francisco State University, Department of Women and Gender Studies seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Women and Gender Studies with a specialization in Crip Theory beginning August 2016. Ph.D or equivalent degree (or documented completion of degree requirements by August 1, 2016) required. Salary commensurate with qualifications. Complete job and position descriptions available
Welcome back to Women and Gender Studies for Fall 2015!
The department staff and faculty are excited to begin our work with you this semester. Whether you are a current WGS major or minor, a graduate student in WGS, alumni, or a friend of the department on or off campus, we hope to see you this semester, and to work together on feminist projects.
Current students should be sure to meet with their advisor in the first few weeks of the semester to discuss your courses and degree program. Office hours are posted in HUM 315, and on the department website. For Spring 2015 advising, please see the following faculty.
- Jillian Sandell, Graduate Coordinator
Undergraduate WGS majors and minors:
- Evren Savci Last names A – C
- Nan Alamilla Boyd Last names D - G
- Martha Kenney Last names H – L
- Julietta Hua Last names M - R
- Kasturi Ray Last names S - Z
WGS Resource Room and Office
- HUM 315, the WGS office, is open Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- HUM 316, the WGS Resource Room is available for study and hanging out Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, unless there is a previously scheduled meeting. Please consult the 316 calendar for meeting times.
- HUM 316 also has a refreshed (non-circulating) library, with many current course texts and books of interest to WGS students. Feel free to come by during open hours to read for class, for research, or for pleasure!
Events and Activities
- The WGS Fall Lecture Series will be held Thursdays, 12:35 – 1:50 pm. Look for posters and emails announcing a series of exciting public lectures. All lectures are free and open to the public.
- Current students may want to get involved with on-campus groups, including Feminism in Action. (FIA). FIA holds biweekly meetings and can be reached via email email@example.com or on Facebook.
- Department events are announced via email and posted to our Facebook page. To be added to our email list, contact Women and Gender Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WGS email list”. Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sfsuwgs
We look forward to learning and working with you this semester!
Supporting Women and Gender Studies at San Francisco State University
Click here to make a donation to WGS!