Related Resources

WGS Emergency Fund Scholarship





In these turbulent times, it is imperative to provide

all students a reliable space to learn and explore —

where they are fully supported and encouraged.

All faculty and staff in Women and Gender Studies (WGS)

at San Francisco State University dedicate themselves

to this important mission.

Join us in this mission by making a gift.

For the past two years, the Women and Gender Studies’

Emergency Fund Scholarship has helped 23 different

students dealing with difficult circumstances. The WGS

Emergency Fund has covered needs like child support

costs for a student whose abusive partner could no longer

be relied upon for child care and giving students access

to therapy to address unexpected traumas (like a friend

murdered by gun violence). However, this is the final

year the department can cover WGS emergency funds —

and we need your support.

Help keep this essential scholarship alive by

making a gift — on average, just $200 will solve a

student’s emergency — allowing them to continue

their coursework.



Thank you for your continued support of Women and

Gender Studies at SF State.



     Julietta Hua, Ph.D.
     Professor and Chair, Women and Gender Studies
     San Francisco State University





Women & Gender Studies Graduate Student Handbook

 **NEW** Graduate Student Handbook

Women & Gender Studies Undergraduate Handbook


WGS has compiled (almost) all the information undergraduates need to be a successful WGS major or minor.


Students should be sure to meet with their advisor in the first few weeks of the semester to discuss courses and degree program.

Office hours are posted in Humanities 315 and on the Department website under "Faculty".

Advising Forms

Students wishing to declare Women and Gender Studies as their major or minor should make an appointment with one of the undergraduate advisers. Before meeting with an adviser make sure to fill out page one of an advising form. Bring your unofficial transcripts and/or Academic Progress report, both available through your Student Center, to your first meeting.

Minor Advising Form (pdf)

Major Advising Form (pdf)