News & Updates
*UPDATED 3-14-20* Health Promotion and Wellness & Basic NeedsTuesday, March 10, 2020
Hello SF State Family,
Thank you to our students, Faculty and Staff for working diligently to navigate the University’s COVID-19 precautions. Food+Shelter+Success is committed to supporting student basic needs during this time and keeping the campus up to date. Please share the most recent basic needs resources and program modifications.
Gator Groceries- The AS Food Pantry Monday distribution has been suspended. Emergency meals and snacks can be access at Gator Groceries on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11am- 3pm at the Cesar Chavez Student Center, Recreation & Dining Level (bottom level). Please see the attached resource list for community food banks.
Showering/personal hygiene needs- The Mashouf Wellness Center will be closed starting March 14th. The locker rooms will be open during modified hours to ensure students who rely on the facility to attend to personal hygiene have access to showers.
MWC locker room open hours (all other areas of the facilities will remain closed):
· Bring your student ID
· Check-in at the front desk
· Towels and locks available
· Return towels and locks upon exiting and bring all personal belongings
· Locker room access only. All other parts of the Mashouf Wellness Center remain closed
Basic needs hygiene supplies are available at the Health Promotion & Wellness office Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. 750 Font. Blvd.
Emergency Meal Cards- Can be requested through the Dean-on-Call program M-F 8am-5pm in Student Services Building room 403.
CalFresh Assistance- The CalFresh Help Clinic will be assisting students virtually. Students can email email@example.com for assistance.
Storage- U-Haul is offering students 30-day free storage due to the COVID-19 precautions. For more information call 1-800-468-4285.
Laptop/computer access & Wi-Fi- The Library has 24 hour access to study space and Wi-Fi in the Research Commons 1st Floor. Students can also access desktops and laptop check-outs daily. Please see attached resource for off campus technology resources.
In response to COVID-19 precautions and the suspension of face to face instruction, the following modifications to basic needs programming are effective starting March 10th:
- CalFresh- In-person CalFresh assistance services will be suspended until April 5th. We will be assisting students virtually until in-person classes resume. Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org for CalFresh assistance (screening, application assistance, questions and troubleshooting).
- Zen Den- will be suspended until April 5th or until in-person classes resume.
- Gator Crisis Housing- check-ins have been temporarily paused for the rest of March. We will provide further updates in April.
- Gator Groceries- is scheduled to be open (in CCSC) Wednesday- Thursday with modified hours. Please email Horace Montgomery email@example.com if you have any questions.
- AS Farmers Market- is cancelled in March
- Emergency Meal Cards- will continued to be distributed through the Dean-on-Call program.
- Cooking Classes- is cancelled for March
- Basic Needs Care Kits/Laundry Kits- will continued to be distributed at the Health Promotion & Wellness office.