Your financial support will make a difference in the lives of current and future students in the Department or Women and Gender Studies.
While we have much to celebrate in the Women and Gender Studies Department — our growing faculty and increasing numbers of WGS majors and minors; our amazing and inspiring students; the variety of terrific campus events that we co-sponsor; and the range of wonderful community organizations with which we work. We are also fighting hard to make sure our department survives the ongoing budget crunch in California. We need your help! As the state of California wrestles with budget shortfalls and attacks on higher education become increasingly frequent in politics and the mass media, the need to support the Women and Gender Studies Department is more urgent than ever. To protect our department we have developed a General Foundation Account and we seek your support to maintain it. Your contribution will help sustain Women and Gender Studies:
- $25 supplies refreshments for a WGS alumni event
- $75 buys a new Introduction to Women and Gender Studies textbook for our department library
- $100 co-sponsors a speaker on campus
- $350 underwrites our annual Commencement celebration
- $1,000 sponsors a graduate student to present their research at a national conference
Your donation to Women and Gender Studies is tax deductable! We welcome support in any amount — every dollar really does count. All donations receive an original WGS thank-you card.
- If you are able to donate $25 or more, we will also send you the most recent edition of the WGS senior publication.
- For donations of $100 and higher, you can receive 1 - 3 autographed books written by WGS faculty.
Donating to WGS at SFSU also makes a fantastic feminist holiday gift. We are happy to send the thank you gift to your friends for any gifts made in their honor. Please click the link for information on how to donate.
Regardless of whether you are able to make a donation at this time, please let us know how you are doing! We would love to hear from you, either by e-mail, mail or on Facebook. You are all part of the community of Women and Gender Studies at San Francisco State University — we look forward to hearing from you!
Make a gift by mail
To make a gift to the Women and Gender Studies Department donation account, mail your donation to:
Department of Women and Gender Studies
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Ave., Humanities 315
San Francisco, CA 94132-4028
Please make your check payable to: The University Corporation, San Francisco State. In the note section, write the priority you wish to support.